Donate to keep the blog Running

Blood clot in leg


I had a blood clot in my leg last year and was started on a blood thinner called warfarin. I have been on it for 12 months. Should I continue?
You have a doctor who does not give a shit about you. If you had a blood clot in your leg just once, then you should only be on this drug for 3-9 months. I hope they have done ultrasound studies on your legs to determine that the clot has dissolved. In addition, you should wear compression stockings for the rest of your life. If you do not, you will develop a condition called post phlebitic syndrome-which is cosmetically unpleasant. 
Speak to your doctor about the warfarin. I have a feeling, that like many doctors, he/she has forgotten about this drug.
Hope he/she has been monitoring your blood work on a regular basis to make sure that the blood thinning was adequate.