Donate to keep the blog Running

Hemorrhoids


I have large hemorrhoids that protrude from my anus. They do not bother me, but they have gotten larger over the past 12 months. I have no pain, do they need to be treated?

If you have had these hemorrhoids for a long time, they are unlikely to disappear. However, before you see a surgeon, get your constipation treated. Anything that causes straining, can worsen hemorrhoids. After you treat your constipation, wait a few weeks or months and see what happens. If they still protrude outside, then the only treatment is surgery.

I should warn you right now-even though hemorrhoid surgery is commonly performed, the results are abysmal. The majority of people are not satisfied. So select your surgeon well. First treat hemorrhoid with a change in diet, add fiber and use laxatives. The more your stay away from surgeons, the longer you will live a good quality of life.